D1 Head-up display is a dual mode (OBD2 + GPS) digital speedometer (and much more) projected on the windshield at drivers eye level thus ensuring driving safety and pleasure. It lets you keep your eyes on the road without looking down at the car dashboard.
HUD Key Features:
From our quick testing on Sydney metro roads, we noticed that the HUD speed refresh was as fast as or in sync with OBD HUD for most of the time (side by side comparison testing and speed was above 15km/h). The result might vary based on the location and other factors such as low power etc.
Refer the product images for more features.
[Note: Speedometers In most of the cars are usually calibrated to show 2% to 6% more Km/h than actual speed. You may notice a speed difference between Speedometer and HUD. This can be adjusted in the HUD settings (refer the manual) and the difference can be either increased or decreased to sync with your car dashboard. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance]
[IMPORTANT: This D1 HUD device OBD2 mode works only with the vehicles with OBD2 compatibility. It is not compatible with JOBD or OBD1 vehicles. It works in most of the petrol cars in Australia made after 2006 and not in the below incompatibility list. We don't accept returns for OBD2 compatibility related issues for this model.]
OBD2 mode Incompatible/not reliable with the following cars:
- Made in Australia before 2007.
- American models: Dodge, JEEP, IMSEOER, Chrysler and cars manufactured before 2004
- French and Italian Cars: Fiat, Maserati, Lamborghini, DS, PEUGEOT , Citroen, Renault, Simca.
- Japanese cars : Suzuki, Mazda 6, INFINITI (QX50 Q50 Q501), Toyota AVANZA in 2013, Lexus (is250, ex250, ES300H), Honda (jazz, CRV) and cars manufactured before 2009.
- Korean KIA and Hyundai (2013 Hyundai Sonata, 2017 KIA Soul PS)
- Hybrid vehicles, Diesel vehicles, pickup Trucks, RVs, cars with modified automotive computers, Volvo, Switzerland Chrysler Group, all brand models under Fiat Group.
Working Voltage: 11V~18Vdc (12Vdc/200mA). Please use the USB cable if car voltage > 24V.
If you are new to Windshield HUDs, please note that the image appears on the windshield may look slightly double (refer the product video) on certain windshields due to multiple glass layers in windshield. This can be improved by sticking the reflective film on the glass, it is a common requirement for any Windshield HUDs. Using the reflective film is up to the individual preference but for better clarity it is recommended.
1 x HUD
1 x OBD Cable
1 x Reflective film
1 x USB Cable
1 x Anti-skid Pad
Link to latest user manual (pdf file)
JVMITM HUD products are made by ISO certified manufacturer with decades of experience, and the products are customised for Australian vehicles. The products are in high quality and have cleared all the necessary safety and quality measures/certifications.